Tips For a Stress-Free IT Job Search
The best source to look for jobs related to Information Technology (most commonly known as IT) is, obviously, the Internet.
Various sites offer listings of job openings for specific fields. The key to a fruitful search is to know how and where to look for the best possible jobs available.
To have access to a certain site's listing, an individual must first accomplish the following:
1. Register at the chosen site
2. After registration confirmation (via an email from the moderator of the site), the individual may now have access to the list
3. In searching for the preferred or suitable job vacancy, you may be asked to fill out a form (online) that states an individual's profile.
This is usually used for easier browsing of related work since IT has various fields of specialties. Other sites automatically match an individual's profile with the available or suited vacancy based on the information given by the person.
4. The applicant has the option to choose from contractual, full-time, part-time, trainee, or temporary jobs categories.
5. If the individual prefers work that is currently not listed on the site, he or she may have the option of posting his or her resume, from which prospective employers may browse through at some other time.
To avoid frustration while browsing through the numerous listings of IT openings on the Internet, take into consideration the following pointers:
1. Determine the following:
1.1 Organize your career portfolio in soft and hard copies. While most employers will ask for a copy of your resume through the net (email), some still require hard copies for submission at their respective offices.
1.2 Determine the preferred location of work. Is the individual willing to be relocated should a good position be offered in another city or state? Does he or she prefer to work within commuting distance?
1.3 Salary. Though it would not be wise to make demands on one's salary especially during the interview process, an individual must have a predetermined range of salary that he or she would be willing to accept, whoever the employer would be, or wherever it may be located.
2. Rank the items listed above based on one's priority.
3. Search the Internet for various sites with listings of IT job openings.
4. Register on several sites for wider access to various lists.
5. Submit resume based on the predetermined priorities.
0 Share your opinion with us
Post a Comment